What are some Fall themed activities I can do with my toddlers that will promote learning?
This week is fall week and so far it has been a blast. Your toddler will love these toddler trays and the activities. This is a great time of year. 🙂
Make a Scarecrow
The idea is for your toddler to glue the items onto the scarecrow outline to make a scarecrow.
Draw two circles, two squares, and two triangles. Have your toddler pick up a leaf, then find the leaf with the matching shape and put them together.
This might be a little hard at the beginning of the week, but by the middle of the week, they will be really good at it.
This will help your toddler start to identify circles, squares and triangles in the things around him too. 🙂
Then have your toddler put the pasta (which is supposed to vaguely look like a corn stalk) on the playdough. When it’s finished it’s supposed to look like a corn field. This was definitely our favorite toddler tray this week.
My toddler loved sticking the pasta in the playdough.
If your toddler loves it and gets really good at it, you can start making little dots for them to put the pasta onto. This provides an added challenge, but is still right on their level.
They may not follow the outlines exactly, but it will still be fun. This gives them great fine motor practice squeezing the glitter out of the container.
Have your toddler use the tongs to transfer the pompoms into openings of the ice cube tray and then back to the bowl.
As always, do some printables on one of your trays and some printables in their Learning Notebook. Here is a list of the printables that we used.
- Cutting Fun (Scarecrow Tot Pack pg. 7-8 from 1+1+1=1)
- Counting Fun (Scarecrow Tot Pack pg. 9-10 from 1+1+1=1)
- Roll and Graph (Scarecrow Tot Pack pg. 13-14 from 1+1+1=1)
- Matching Pages (Fall Fun Printables Preschool pg. 4 from Homeschool Creations)
- Shadow Matching (Fall Fun Printables Preschool pg. 10 from Homeschool Creations)
- Coloring Leaves (Scarecrow Tot Pack pg. 6 from 1+1+1=1)
- Pre-Writing Practice (Fall Fun Printables Preschool pg. 7 from Homeschool Creations)
- Which One is Different? (Fall Pack Part 1 pg. 13 from 3 Dinosaurs)
- Find the Same (Fall Pack Part 2 pg. 7-8 from 3 Dinosaurs)
- Fall Matching (Fall Pack Part 4 pg. 9 from 3 Dinosaurs)